[c-nsp] slow convergence for full bgp table on a Cisco7613/SUP720-3BXL

Church, Charles cchurch at multimax.com
Tue Mar 13 09:43:42 EST 2007

It's not carrier class equipment?  What is then?  You said you have one
session with a full table, how many other sessions are there?  Are all
your DFCs 3BXL and is the system as a whole running in 3BXL mode?  Any
chance you're hitting a bug that only affects that 10 gig blade?  Is the
other side of the link sending jumbo frames that you're not accepting on
the new blade?  Can you try turning off control plane policing
temporarily to see if that fixes it?  Just throwing some stuff out
there...

Chuck Church
Multimax Network Engineer, CCIE #8776
EDS Contractor, Multimax - Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI)
1210 N. Parker Rd. | Greenville, SC 29609
Office: 864-335-9473 | Cell: 864-266-3978
cchurch at multimax.com