[c-nsp] slow convergence for full bgp table on aCisco7613/SUP720-3BXL

Emanuel Popa emanuel.popa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 04:25:58 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your feedback on this issue. It appears that we may have
found a solution for our problem. It seems that the TCP session was
throttled indeed and removing cef receive rate-limit did it for us:

"no mls rate-limit unicast cef receive 1500"

We installed this rate-limit about an year ago when we defined the
control-plane policing on our Cisco 7600 gear because we often had
problems with IGP and EGP flapping. We are also using TTL failure
rate-limiting.

Thanks again,
Emanuel