[c-nsp] TCAM refresher

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Thu Mar 15 11:44:54 EST 2007

PFC and MSFC are the primary differences between the Sup720 and RSP720.

Sup has PFC3A/B/BXL and MSFC3

RSP has PFC3C/CXL and MSFC4

PFC changes for most will not be noticed.  The MSFC changes mean
faster CPU (thus more room for control plane stuff) and ability to
have more memory (so more control plane stuff :)  RSP720 means
picking 7600 code train and not having the option of either code
train (suggest you do a search on prior conversations on this list
about the code spilt if you aren't already up to speed on that one).

I'd suggest contacting your account team if you want to do a deep
dive on the actual changes.

David