[c-nsp] 12.2S

Karol Mares karol.mares at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:07:30 EST 2007

On 3/21/07, Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com <Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com> wrote:

> I suggest keep away from 12.2.33(SRA1). At least for now. We had a
> critical problem (reset on both SUP at the same time); Cisco delivered
> fix but it is not official yet. Root cause seems to be related to MPLS
> TE/FRR.

> ====
> >>"The 65xx branced to 12.2(18)SX (pre CEF changes) and then picked the
> >>changes up in 12.2(33)SR."
> ====
>
> Rodney,
> Could you comment/send documentation URL that explains 12.2(18)SX as
> being pre CEF changes?

  Actually 7600 with SRA does not have the Load Info mechanism to update
prefixes which are pointing to label or interface.
  You need to push the  virtual Label so that the update of the prefixes are
fast enought for FRR, because of this packet is recirculated   back to PFC,
this may end up with some cef bugs.

             iso