[c-nsp] FWSM Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Mar 22 10:29:11 EST 2007

Hi folks....

I'm trying to get a FWSM module up and running... can't get communication
between the MSFC and the FWSM working yet.... figure I'm missing something
simple..

FWSM Version 2.3(2)
nameif vlan99 Outside security0
same-security-traffic permit inter-interface
mtu Outside 1500
ip address Outside xx.xx.248.1 255.255.255.248
interface Outside

firewall multiple-vlan-interfaces
firewall module 8 vlan-group 1
firewall vlan-group 1  66,99

interface Vlan99
 description FWSM
 ip address xx.xx.248.2 255.255.255.248

Am I missing something really simple here? ;)   This will be for management
and also for an outside interface ... finally it will also be used for OSPF
communication between FSWM and MSFC...

VLAN66 is up and running for inter-chassis failover (active/standby) and
works fine....

Thanks in advance,

Paul