[c-nsp] GE-GBIC-SC-B causing switch input errors in earlier hardware revisions?

Matt Addison maddison at iquest.net
Thu Mar 22 23:45:29 EST 2007

I have a number of 12008s with GE-GBIC-SC-B's connected up to stacks of
3750s, on most of the ports, we take no errors, on 3 of the ports, we
slowly accumulate input errors that mostly aren't attributed to any
specific error (although we see the occasional CRC), but looking at the
controller counters it shows an incrementing number of "Symbol error
frames" and "Invalid frames, too small".

Is anyone out there familiar with a defect in the earlier GE-GBIC-SC-B
hardware revisions that was fixed in later ones that might cause this?
The 3 cards having issues are D0 and E0 boards, the unaffected ones are
all K0 and L0 boards.

Regards,
~Matt