[c-nsp] NPE-GE2 / 12.4(11)T1 - input errors

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Mon Mar 26 07:14:54 EST 2007

   CSCsf32623 - Native GE ignored counter increases with normal traffic

The counter increases when it doesn't find
a MAC address match for either unicast or multicast
packets. I suspect there are multicast packets on
your link that the router has not been configured to
listen for.

It's purely cosmetic. It will be fixed in the next 12.4(11)T rebuild.

rodney