[c-nsp] 7200s and fastethernet aggregator ?

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Wed Mar 28 03:55:05 EST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:41:46AM +0100, david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com wrote:
> Hello list .
>
> The 100M links become more and more popular  to our customers and our
> 7200s at the edge of our MPLS backbone start will soon be overwhelmed.
> I was wondering what is the more appropriate platform within Cisco to
> aggregate multiple Fastethernet links at a reasonable price .
> 7600s look a bit a bit expensive and are more "backbone" oriented routers
> ..

7600 with sup32 could work quite well, though mind
the TCAM - it's quite small on the Sup32 and won't
do for a full table. Cheap 10/100 cards as well.

> Gsr , really expensive as well
GSR is really a backbone router and not so well
suited for this type of tasks.

  Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                       SpriteLink [AS39525]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se