[c-nsp] 7513 T3 Card Question

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Mar 28 14:57:25 EST 2007

Paul Stewart wrote:

> Hi folks...
>
> We're looking at an application whereby providing T1 services out to
> customers... since we have a spare 7513 chassis kicking around it makes
> sense to use it....
>
> One concept is to put a pair of PA-T3+ cards into the chassis and connect
> the T3's into a Telco Systems DS3 MUX - we're looking at 40-50 full rate T1
> customers some of which will be load balanced as well.....
>
> First question, will this work?  Second question, the 7513 only has VIP2-50
> cards in it and I read some Cisco docs that state minimum RSP7000 series
> processors and ours have RSP5000 series....
>
> Looking for real-world feedback... other option is to just use 8 port T1
> cards (PA-MC-8T1) which seems like a safer bet at this point....
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

This will work, allthough you will need a hacksaw.

NAME: "Card Slot 2, Bay 0", DESCR: "Channelized DS3"
PID: PA-CT3/4T1        , VID: Hardware Version : 1.3 Board Revision :
B0, SN: 11027806

NAME: "Line Card 3", DESCR: "Versatile Interface Processor"
PID: VIP2-50           , VID: Hardware Version : 2.02 Board Revision :
C0, SN: 15373521

NAME: "Line Card 5", DESCR: "Versatile Interface Processor"
PID: VIP2-50           , VID: Hardware Version : 2.02 Board Revision :
D0, SN: 17087883

NAME: "Card Slot 5, Bay 0", DESCR: "Channelized DS3"
PID: PA-CT3/4T1        , VID: Hardware Version : 1.3 Board Revision :
B0, SN: 11029553

NAME: "RSP at Slot 6", DESCR: "R5000"
PID: RSP4              , VID: Hardware Version : 1.0 Board Revision :
A0, SN: 8194052