[c-nsp] 7513 T3 Card Question

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 15:00:37 EST 2007

--- Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Paul Stewart wrote:
>
> > Price is an issue of course too... just wondering
> what others are using
> > besides 7513's for this application? ;)
>
> 7206's stuffed with PA-MC-T3 cards and a stack of
> M13 muxes.
> Other than general IOS stability issues, I don't see
> why using a spare
> 7513 for this would be a bad idea.  We've tended to
> have less issues /
> better reliability from our 7206's than from the
> 7500s we used to run.

The frustrating thing is that the 7206 is
substantially less dense than the 7513: the 7206 can
support a maximum of 6 PA-MC-2T3+ cards in 3RU, while
the 7513 can support 18 PA-MC-2T3+ cards in 6RU
(assuming that 2xGE uplinks are acceptable in either
case).

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com