[c-nsp] 7513 T3 Card Question

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Mar 28 16:29:42 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, David Coulson wrote:

> He's talking about using a PA-MC-T3 card, which is a regular 7206 size,
> not a full length 7500 line card. It doesn't have the 4 T1 DB15 ports,
> but who uses those anyway :-)

Those were the old PA-CT3/4T1 double-width cards for the 7200s.  Those are
long since EOL, I'd wager, so software support would be a real crapshoot.

> In theory you could fit 4 DS-3s in a single 7500 slot. No idea if/how
> well that works - Not tried it yet.

I've loaded a 7507 up with 2 PA-MC-2T3+ cards in the past and don't recall
having any problems, even back in the RSP4 and VIP2-40 days...  Granted,
none of those customers were taking full BGP feeds or anything like that.

jms