[c-nsp] combining 7206vxr/G1's - need help on config

matt carter matt at iseek.com.au
Tue May 1 21:29:23 EDT 2007

just be careful since you are moving from a software forwarding based
platform to a hardware forwarding based platform you may get a rude shock to
find many of things you have grown to know and love are simply unsupported
under PFC QoS. just something to be aware of.

eg

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/cmdref/p1.
htm#wp1029776
"The PFC QoS does not support the bandwidth, priority, queue-limit,
random-detect, or set keywords in policy-map classes."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note0918
6a008074d6b1.shtml
"PFC QoS does not support ingress markdown with egress drop or ingress drop
with egress markdown."

in addition to this loss of features may also find

shape average command is not supported in output direction for this
interface

police percent command is not supported in output direction for this
interface

Hierarchical policymap is not supported for this interface

my 2c.

have fun
:)

--matt