[c-nsp] CHDS3/CDOC3

bill buhlman billbuhlman at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 13:09:19 EDT 2007

Hi,
  We had a 7500 with two CHDS3 and one ATM/OC3 that had been very stable for years, then 3 years ago moved to 7606 with Flexwan module using the same PA's from the 7500 and had nothing but trouble with the Flexwan's. Probably RMA'd 5 of them in 3 years. We are now moving to 7609 with SIP/SPA. Recommend staying away from Flexwan modules....

  Bill

   What are most people using for T1 termination via channelized DS3/OC3
> going forward?  We are still using some 7500's with CHDS3 cards and I
am
> about ready to dump them for something newer.  My big requirement is
QoS
> as we are passing VoIP over these circuits, but that is about my only
> requirement (of course cost is always an issue too).  I know there
are a
> ton of options, 7200's with PA's, 12000's, 6500's with SPA's, etc,
but I
> don't really know what would be the best bet going forward and I am
> wondering what other people are using in production networks.
Thanks.