[c-nsp] 7600 Linecard decisision

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Sat May 5 14:12:20 EDT 2007

SIP card has more power to handle QoS, and some feature like VPLS may be
limited from FlexWan module

Also, you may need to note that SIP card will required additional cost
for SMARTNET maintenance.
It requires card based SMARTNET license if I remember correctly, and
FlexWAN does not.

Overall, FlexWan is hardware compatible with Cisco 7200/7500 port adapters.
It is low performance, and low density.

OSM card pretty mich depreciated...

SIP/SPA is high performance, high density, which is compatible with
GSR/CRS series.

Hyun