[c-nsp] Shaping by 3550 QoS

Taher Taghizadeh t_taghizadeh at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 07:29:07 EDT 2007

 Colleagues,

I have a usual situation where I have to do a traffic shaping for our customers. My switch is  3550 SMI IOS Version 12.1(13)EA1.

I used a typical config to do so but unfortunately neither this or other  config have not work up to now.
So any body could help me in it?

First configuration was something like this:

mls qos
!
class-map match-all customer1-Recv
 match access-group name customer1-RL-Recv
class-map match-all customer2-Recv
 match access-group name customer2-RL-Recv
class-map match-all Any
 match access-group 1
class-map match-all customer2-Send
 match access-group name customer2-RL-Send
class-map match-all customer1-Send
 match access-group name customer1-RL-Send
!
!
policy-map Receive
 class customer2-Recv
   police 2000000 8000 exceed-action drop
  class customer1-Recv
   police 128000 8000 exceed-action drop
policy-map From-customer2
 class Any
   police 20000000 8000 exceed-action drop
 class customer2-Send
   police 20000000 8000 exceed-action drop
policy-map From-customer1
 class Any
   police 1024000 8000 exceed-action drop
 class customer1-Send
   police 1024000 8000 exceed-action drop
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/9
description << customer1  >>
switchport access vlan 907
switchport mode access
bandwidth 1000000
no ip address
load-interval 30
service-policy input From-customer1
!
interface FastEthernet0/24
description << Trunk To Fa0/24 2950 >>
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
bandwidth 2000000
no ip address
load-interval 30
service-policy input From-customer2
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
description << Trunk To Gi1/2 BigSwitch >>
switchport trunk encapsulation isl
switchport mode trunk
no ip address
ip access-group 110 in
load-interval 30
service-policy input Receive
!
ip access-list extended customer2-RL-Recv
permit ip any ll.mm.nn.oo 0.0.0.16
ip access-list extended customer2-RL-Send
permit ip ll.mm.nn.oo 0.0.0.16 any
ip access-list extended customer1-RL-Recv
permit ip any host xx.yy.zz.tt
ip access-list extended customer1-RL-Send
permit ip host xx.yy.zz.tt any
!
!
It doesn't work at all. I change the burst but it won't help then try to  use aggregate method and again nothing. Then I try to use DSCP value  still nothing changed.
Seams this SMI switch do what ever except what you need.

Regards,
Taher