[c-nsp] Sup2, PFC2 and MSFC2 Access/Distribution aggregation

Masood Ahmad Shah masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Tue May 8 14:20:12 EDT 2007

This thread is related to access/distribution layer VLAN aggregation on
a single switch. I'm looking into purchasing 6500s switch. I'm
implementing this for a company with about some corporate clients. I'm
planning on using the inter-vlan routing, access-lists, 100s of static
routes, 1000s of sessions, bridged IP traffic, IP based syn sessions
limit , mirror/span port and ids/ips (if possible), separate VLANs for
different clients and all clients are allowed to communicate with each
other- so, routing between them and more to prevent layer 2 floods.

I hope to hear from anyone out there who have had experience with the
equipment listed below as I'm gonna purchase this one.

Supervisor Engine 2,Policy Feature Card 2 (PFC2),Multilayer Switch
Feature Card 2 (MSFC2) and SFM2 (optional)

What do you guys suggest?

Regards,
Masood Ahmad Shah
BLOG: http://www.weblogs.com.pk/jahil/