[c-nsp] IS-IS hello packet size issues

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed May 9 11:36:04 EDT 2007

I hadn't tried that.  I'm curious as to why this would be started all of
a sudden.  It worked fine until that night on a number of other routers.
  There's another router sitting next to the edge router that
experienced the problem.  It's configured almost identically.  Together
they provide redundancy to the devices behind the pair of routers.  It
didn't exhibit the problem at all.  A debug of IS-IS adjacency packets
on the 7600s only showed the high MTU on that one link.  Perplexing.

I'll give that a try.  Unfortunately at this point it looks like we're
going to have to switch back to OSPF for the short-term; we can't hold
up our projects do to poor IS-IS support.  We've had numerous IS-IS
problems that as of yet have not been resolved.  TAC has been unable to
assist us with IS-IS issues as well.  OSPF doesn't fit our network
design or IGP needs but at least it works.

Thanks
  Justin