[c-nsp] troubleshooting SVI input drops on MSFC3

barney gumbo barney.gumbo at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:44:47 EDT 2007

I see ICMP redirects (which is not disabled on that SVI) and they are
incrementing.  I can understand high CPU as a result of the router being
forced to trx alot of ICMP redirects, however that (the MSFC sending ICMP
redirects) doesnt cause the traffic to be process-switched, does it?

ICMP statistics:
  Rcvd: 0 format errors, 0 checksum errors, 0 redirects, 318 unreachable
        10817442 echo, 3142088 echo reply, 0 mask requests, 0 mask replies,
0 quench
        0 parameter, 0 timestamp, 0 info request, 0 other
        0 irdp solicitations, 0 irdp advertisements
  Sent: 115887 redirects, 2262 unreachable, 3144305 echo, 10817442 echo
reply
        0 mask requests, 0 mask replies, 0 quench, 0 timestamp
        0 info reply, 1740292 time exceeded, 0 parameter problem
        0 irdp solicitations, 0 irdp advertisements

ICMP statistics:
  Rcvd: 0 format errors, 0 checksum errors, 0 redirects, 318 unreachable
        10820192 echo, 3142088 echo reply, 0 mask requests, 0 mask replies,
  Sent: 115939 redirects, 2262 unreachable, 3144305 echo, 10820192 echo
reply