[c-nsp] Jitter - s. ex at the work place

Ian MacKinnon ian.mackinnon at lumison.net
Fri May 11 09:09:11 EDT 2007

The million dollar question, is how much money do you have to spend?

Something like Netcool and Concord eHealth would work.

Janine Booysen wrote:
> Hi Gents,
>
> Recently I've heard that s. ex at the work place can cause Jitter Fluctuations. Can someone confirm this?
>
> LOL on a serious note, I need some BIG BOY help with the management of my company's large MPLS Network.
>
> We mainly use Cisco 7206-VXR's with a couple of Juniper Routers to handle VOIP for our larger corporate customers.
>
> However, managing several routers with tight SLA's is a real pain in the behind. MRTG and Netflow is limited to graphs and interface statistics, BUT lacks decent reporting.
>
> Today my boss (a real pr1ck) told me that I should generate a report over the last two weeks, indicating the total uptime for a specific customers' circuits. I would have loved to just click a button and generate such a report. To top all that, he wants to know what the average latency was during office hours (9 till 4) indicating the best / worste day.
>
> For now I need to manually look at the graphs and enter the stuff in Excel. Will probably take me the whole weekend. :((  my boyfriend is gonna kill me...
>
> Any recommendations on a system that can make my life easier (and give me more time away from the office), from you nice guys, will be much appreciated.
>
> I've sent this mail from my private address - not to disclose who I'm working for (else my boss is going to fire me).
>
> Love
> Janine

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison, nplusone or lightershade ltd.
presence of viruses.  Lumison, nplusone and lightershade ltd accepts no

Virus scanned by Lumison.