[c-nsp] Redundant Networks and EIGRP redistribution

Bruce Pinsky bep at whack.org
Sat May 12 18:06:51 EDT 2007

Scott Ingram wrote:
> I'm having issues with routing loops and EIGRP redistribution.  Any
> Ideas or guidance?

Without some context it's hard to say.  My first impression when I see lots
of redist connected and redist static in both EIGRP and BGP is that the BGP
peering points end up being learned over the peering session which is
always bad news.

Some of the questions I would ask:

- - Why are you redist'ing into EIGRP rather than sourcing?
- - What is the need to redist BGP into EIGRP?
- - Why do you need "bgp redistribute-internal"?
- - How are you preventing loops when you redist EIGRP back into BGP?
- - Why are you redist'ing static routes in both protocols?
- - Why redist connecteds into EIGRP when you use next-hop-self?