[c-nsp] Access-list Question

Tony Li tli at cisco.com
Wed May 16 03:05:19 EDT 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 11:23 PM, Scott Granados wrote:

> Well can't we don't care bit ourselves around to masking or something
> consistent?  It is confusing at times although it's interesting to
> know
> that's the origin.

If it were up to me (it's not ;-), the UI would be extended to accept
prefix format as well as the existing format.  Thus, you could type
192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 or 192.168.1/24.  Note that trying to do
something that is NOT backward compatible is just a non-starter.
Think of the number of deployed systems out there...

Tony