[c-nsp] BGP Propigation

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Wed May 16 07:36:39 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 07:18:35AM -0400, Richey wrote:
> Typically, how long should it take to propagate a /24 across the net?   This
> isn't a new /24 from arin so it should not be filtered.   It's supposedly
> being announced but route-server.ip.att.net does not have the slightest clue
> about this /24 and we connect to AT&T.  I'm wondering how long I should wait
> before I should gripe.  I was given the /24 a week ago and it's still not
> useable today.  I opened a ticket at the end of last week and it's still not
> working.  Before I start pestering everyone I want to make sure I am not
> acting to soon.

BGP propagation is more in the order of seconds or
perhaps minutes rather than days and weeks so
you're probably running into some filtering or
something like it..

It would however be interesting to see actual
measurements of bgp propagation times..

  Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                       SpriteLink [AS39525]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se