[c-nsp] Cisco PIX IPSEC remote access vpn stability

Joseph Jackson JJackson at aninetworks.com
Thu May 17 18:12:05 EDT 2007

Hey list!

	We currently use PIX running 7.2.2 as our vpn end point for our
remote access users and lan2lan connections.  The LAN2LAN connections
seem to remain stable while we get 3 to 4 complaints about the remote
access VPN disconnecting users.  Looking at the syslog reports seem to
be DPD disconnects.  If it was just one user on a certain ISP I wouldn't
even ask the list but have any of you noticed that the remote access
IPSec vpn seems to be VERY latency sensitive.

Thanks all!

Joseph Jackson