[c-nsp] T1 Cables

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue May 22 13:25:46 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> RJ48S is indeed the correct designation for T1, but it uses pairs 1-2
> and 4-5.  568B pairing would be white-orange and white-blue.  1-2 and
> 7-8 are the correct pairs for 56K DDS circuits.

Ok, we're both wrong. :-)

RJ48S is the DDS 56K standard, and is wired the way I mentioned.  I did some
radio station digital STL's over 56KDDS circuits in my former position as a
broadcast engineer, and misremembered.

The T1 standard is RJ48C, and is wired the way you mentioned.  Argh.  Long day
fighting the firewall....
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer