[c-nsp] ipv6 autoconfig & linux

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Tue May 22 14:00:47 EDT 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, matthew zeier wrote:

> I do have that - as mentioned earlier I probably need to use a /64 for
> the interface.  Unfortunately, I was only allocated a /64 from he.net.

You should try to get at least a /48 since you're not just a simple
end-site.  In the meantime, you could convert VLAN5's IPv4 address to a
6to4 address on that same interface.  Make sure you have a 6to4 relay
somewhere in your network though.

Or, just run 6to4 directly on the Linux box:

In /etc/sysconfig/network:
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
IPV6TO4INIT=yes
IPV6_DEFAULTDEV=tun6to4

In each /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*:
IPV6INIT=yes

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN