[c-nsp] VoIP without QoS

Dan dan at technc.com
Tue May 22 14:47:15 EDT 2007

We have a voip system we have been running in our department now for
about a year.  Only 12 phones, connected through various wireless links
with throughput of up to 40mbit.  Speed is definitely not an issue for
us, but we notice glitches with the quality on an ongoing basis.  We are
currently implementing qos and are wondering what is the best way?

Jared,

You mentioned you "cheat" by rate limiting other traffic.  What is the
recommended way to implement qos for voip and video?  We have 3550,3560
and 2960 switches.

Dan.