[c-nsp] 3745 router able to forward full DS-3 bandwidth?

Nassess, George George.Nasses at gmacrescap.com
Tue May 22 17:25:27 EDT 2007

I have a 3745 with a single DS-3 interface that carries a normal mix of
data traffic and some g.729 and g.711 traffic to a 7206VXR/NPE400 on the
other end. I am seeing no errors, but showing output drops at about 70%
utilization on the DS-3 and about 25% cpu. Would you think it's possible
that the router is approaching it's ability to forward/receive packets,
or should it be able to push a full DS-3 worth of these kind of mixed
packet sizes? I know our 3725s have had trouble getting anywhere close
to line rate DS-3 traffic.

Thanks in advance,

-Gus