[c-nsp] 1000Base-SX on 7200 (non-vxr)

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristo at kristo.is
Wed May 23 17:04:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

2007/5/23, Adam Greene <maillist at webjogger.net>:

>  Thanks for all replies, on and off list. I found all of them very
> helpful.
>
> I think I was overestimating the capabilities of the 7200.
>
> We'll evaluate a media converter as a short term solution and a 3560 as a
> longer-term one.

The media converter solution is actually unlikely to work, too, as it
probably won't convert the actual ethernet from 1000Base to 100Base, which
you would need for the 7200.  It just changes it from 1000BaseSX to
1000Base-T.

Maybe you could put a small switch in between (a potential trouble maker,
though).

-Kristo