[c-nsp] Requisites, restrictions and implications regarding HW, SW & features to deploy Multicast @ a MPLS Domain.

jimmi jimmi at netpoint.com.br
Fri May 25 16:22:58 EDT 2007

Folks.

My company is looking toward deploy Multicast support at our Backbone, and
offer this service to IPv4 and (MPLS-based) VPNv4 customers.
Due it I’m researching the “requisites”, “restrictions” and other
“implications” of this (Multicast) deployment regarding “hardware”
(Please consider the following platforms: 7200, 7500, 7600 & 12008),
“software”, and “features that we already use”, and further any
specific “CE|CPE” requirements.

Routing details:	We run OSPF (within a single area:0), LDP, and BGP.
Couple GSRs belonging to a single cluster act as “BGP Route-Reflectors” for
the whole domain.

Main features used:	CBWFQ, LLQ, MLP, LFI, CBP, 802.1Q.

I’d appreciate any feedback from technical staff with real/previous experience
on it.

Yours Truly.

Jimmi.