[c-nsp] 1000Base-SX on 7200 (non-vxr)

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Fri May 25 18:10:50 EDT 2007

> It sounds like you've had good results with Allied Telesis?

One link for a (special) customer is using one due
to the port availability on the connected devices.
It works with no problems to report, but one sample
may not be statistically significant.  It was
chosen simply because it did what we needed to do,
and we had existing Allied Telesis devices (and
therefore a supplier that did not require adding
new approved vendors to our procurement system
(i.e. it shortened the acquisition time by quite
a bit which was important since we only learned
of the need at the "last minute")), and not
because we did a serious comparision survey of the
available options.

Gary