[c-nsp] WAN optimization in IP carrier

Lincoln Dale (ltd) ltd at cisco.com
Sat May 26 01:11:40 EDT 2007

there is no inherent reason that WAAS isn't equally applicable to
"internet" traffic (particularly if you have an expensive trans-pacific
link or something like that), other than that I expect the
speeds/feeds/traffic levels you may have are a lot larger than typical
"enterprise" deployments, and this will result in a lower effective
hit-rate and/or scaleability issues.

WAAS may be suitable but I'd suggest you run it through your Cisco
account team to qualify this first.
I'd do this for you but given you've posted from a gmail address, I have
no clue who your account team may be.

cheers,

lincoln.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6474/products_data_sheet0900aecd80
58
> 218c.html
> >
> > Pak Tong Poy wrote:
> > > Hi group,
> > > Anyone knows if there is any WAN optimization product for IP
carrier
> > > environment? I know there are product for entreprise environment.
If
> so
> > > there are, anyone knows any IP carrier use them?
> > > Many thanks,
> > --

> intended
> > solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> addressed.
> > If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
Any