[c-nsp] VoIP without QoS

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat May 26 12:51:42 EDT 2007

In the paper: "To generate a 64 Kbps flow, 64 bytes packets were sent every
8 milliseconds."

This is not how the G.711 codec works...it's normally a 20 msec
packetization rate resulting in ~220 byte frames (sans 802.11 headers, I
believe).  I've seen too much undergraduate start with faulty assumptions
such that the results are bogus.  The only thing these guys have proven is
that lots of small packets cause latency and jitter when the link becomes
saturated.  No surprise there.

Regards,

Frank