[c-nsp] display last lines of logging

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Sat May 26 21:54:19 EDT 2007

Agreed.  Tail would also be nice at times, especially -f when coupled
with grep (-v).  Some of the less functionality has found its way into
the CLI I noticed, at least as far as the searching goes.  Ie, sh run,
then "/line con 0".  Does anyone else know?  I was surprised to see
'include' and 'begin' support the beginning of line and end of line
characters (^ & $) which I now use many times per day.  I don't know
where all the CLI niceties are documented.

Basic 'for' and 'while' loops would be handy as well, especially if
support for echoing termbells to the terminal could be added (echo -e
"\a").  I'm sure we've also found ourselves repeating running a command,
waiting for a certain subtle output change to indicate that something
happened.

Whenever I deploy numerous devices at once I always find myself wishing
for basic CLI variable support to ease my deployment woes.  I generally
work around this with command line text editing tools on our Linux NOC
box.  Still it would be handy to be able to define variables and use
them within commands.

My $.02
  Justin