[c-nsp] mBGP problem

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Sun May 27 05:36:14 EDT 2007

We have a mBGP core routers(Cisco 6500, sup720s) that peer separately for
multicast and unicast routes (using address families) and a site that, at
present, doesn't support these BGP address families. The problem is that,
because this site router doesn't support this, the multicast BGP table isn't
being populated for the site's addresses on the core and an RPF check is
failing further upstream. We have a cludgy fix in place involving statics
that doesn't really scale and so I was looking for a better temporary
solution until this site router has been upgraded. Is there any way of
getting the unicast BGP routes to populate the multicast BGP table?

Michael.