[c-nsp] Turning on MPLS.

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Mon May 28 07:28:59 EDT 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 12:48, Alex A. Pavlenko wrote:

> Most works fine, but some customers began to complain that
> they can not access certain sites in the Internet. I'm not
> sure but the situation looks like there is MTU mismatch
> somewhere.  Is it mandatory to check and adjust MTUs when
> turning on MPLS? No idea where to look else, please help.

You are probably looking for these 2:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_configuration_example09186a008010edab.shtml#c3
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_configuration_example09186a008010edab.shtml#c4

Aside, I had a similar issue when setting up MPLS switching to
a 3640 that lived behind a 2950 (no jumbo frame support).

Moving that switch to a 3750 solved the problem. But I should
note that I didn't try to fiddle with the interface, IP or
MPLS MTU on the routers. The only time I set the MPLS MTU was
when I enabled MPLS/VPN's.

Mark.