[c-nsp] DS3 Cables

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon May 28 11:02:43 EDT 2007

Once upon a time, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> said:
> Thanks to all who have responded.  This was quite enlightening - now I just
> need to find a local supplyer (Germany!) for 734/735 cabling... most don't
> even have RG59.

I don't know anything about finding supplies in Germany, but around
here, RG-59/RG-6 with BNC connectors can easily be found at video supply
houses (as it is commonly used for video monitor hookups).  RG-59 and
RG-6 can be found in bulk at the hardware store (since they are used for
TV hookups), but they typically only have F connectors, not BNC.

Basically, when we need to make a DS3 cable out of locally available
pieces, we don't go to the computer/networking stores.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>