[c-nsp] 29xx switches, VTP, and max VLANs

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue May 29 21:54:02 EDT 2007

I have a network with a bunch of 2924 and 2950 switches, running 802.1q,
in a VTP domain (the VTP server is a 2924).  I tried to add a VLAN last
week and hit the 64 VLAN limit in the 2924 (there turned out to be some
stale VLANs I could remove, so I'm okay for the moment).

If I were to make a 2950 the VTP server instead (with 128 VLAN limit),
what would happen when I add the 65th VLAN on the 2924s?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>