[c-nsp] Problem with 7600-SIP-400 cards

J S Grewal j.grewal at in.spectranet.com
Wed May 30 00:44:32 EDT 2007

Dear All,

Recently we bought Cisco 7600 with 2x7600-SIP-400 cards with SPA-2X1GE modules and redundant SUP32 . We are using IOS version s3223-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF8.bin and FPD version c7600-fpd-pkg.122-18.SXF8.pkg. We have created sub interfaces on SIP-400 card interfaces. Presently we have around 200 sub interfaces. Also we are using class-map, policy-map and service policy to traffic shaping. We are facing packet drops on SIP-400 interface. Problem is intermittent and comes around once in 12 hours. Whenever the problem starts we have to reload the router to resolve it.

If anyone else facing such issues on this hardware I would like to know the workaround.

rgds,

J.Grewal