[c-nsp] NPE-G1/G2 vs NSE-1

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Wed May 30 16:36:43 EDT 2007

Rodney Dunn wrote:
> There were bugs as in any new implementation.
>
> There is a misconception that it was abandoned because of bugs.
> That is not the case. It was running wonderfully and still is in a lot
> of networks.

According to a Cisco field notice, the NSE-1 (at least certain
revisions) were all qualified to be replaced with NPE-400's at no
charge.  So I don't know if that's "abandoned" or just saving face! ;-)

I know we took advantage of this on a few of our 7200's as we were
constantly having performance and crashes due to PXF errors.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981