[c-nsp] BGP and IGP

Kevin Barrass K.J.Barrass at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 10:12:33 EDT 2007

>> In general terms, I recommend making sure that routers with real
decisions to make have all of the >> information.  So a place to start
would be

>> ISPs <=> BGP routers <=> iBGP + EIGRP routers <=> EIGRP only routers
>>
>> Where the iBGP + EIGRP router injects an EIGRP default route.  I
don't recommend redistributing from BGP to an >> IGP, because you get a
tight coupling where an ISP ripple gets passed all the way down to the
LAN routers.
>> Hope that helps,
>>
>> David Barak
>> Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
>> http://www.listentothefranchise.com

Hi

Thank you for the reply, I will have a go at the above on our test
network and see how it goes. Is the best option to re-distribute a
static default router on the "iBGP + EIGRP routers" into EIGRP.

Regards
Kev