[c-nsp] NTP Support Missing?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Nov 1 11:25:10 EDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Church, Charles wrote:

> 	I've usually found that if NTP is missing, then SNTP is there
> instead.  Granted it's not the same, but I'm guessing they're working in
> the confines of RAM, etc.  I seem to remember the 1600 and 1700s being
> in the same boat.

I've run into the same situation with some of the smaller platforms and
SNMP support.  Some of the smaller routers seem to have partially
lobotomized SNMP implementations, presumably to work within memory
limitations, etc.

I haven't tested this against some of the newer small Cisco boxes to see
if my findings still hold true.

jms