[c-nsp] Cisco 3560G and multicast: how to filter multicast to a switchport ?

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Mon Nov 5 08:25:45 EST 2007

Hello,

I have a problem with Multicast and Cisco 3560G.

We a have a data vlan with mixed unicast and multicast data.

We needs to filter multicast forwarding to a specific port and allow only
unicast because the device doesn't like at all multicast (cpu ... etC...).

I did the following :

!
interface GigabitEthernet0/3
  switchport access vlan 8
  switchport mode access
  switchport nonegotiate
  switchport protected
  switchport block multicast
  switchport block unicast
  switchport port-security aging time 2
  switchport port-security violation protect
  switchport port-security aging type inactivity
  switchport port-security aging static
  flowcontrol receive on
  storm-control multicast level pps 1 0
  storm-control action trap
  spanning-tree portfast
end

But the port still gets some multicast (tcpdump for example show that),
and I cannot find a clue to forbid multicast on this port...

Any good advice ?

Thanks,
/Xavier

--