[c-nsp] Broadcast storm control

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Tue Nov 6 13:02:42 EST 2007

Well, the good part is that the customers network being unusable took
away any heat from your device being unusable.  Unless of course you had
multiple customers off that one router.  You could front-end the router
with a hardware L3 switch (3550 or so) that can police stuff at
wire-rate.  That should save you.  I don't think anything on the
software-based router can itself.

Chuck