[c-nsp] Cat6509 and transparent firewall

Ge Moua moua0100 at umn.edu
Mon Nov 12 17:30:29 EST 2007

Use "secondary vlan"

- G

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ruben Alvarez
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 3:24 PM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] Cat6509 and transparent firewall

Hello,

I have a client with a transparent firewall connected to my Cat 6509.  Its
running PF firewall running on a server and currently I have then on a VLAN
with an interface VLAN as their gateway.  The client has requested more IP
addresses.  They don't want to renumber and I can't expand their current /28
so I'm trying to think of a way to route another subnet to them.

My first thought was to give them another VLAN and turn their switchport to
a trunk, but I don't know if a firewall like that can trunk with a Cisco
switch.  Anyone have any ideas about this?  The firewall has no IP address
for it is a bridge.

Thanks.