[c-nsp] 6548 Line cards

Matt Buford matt at overloaded.net
Tue Nov 13 17:55:33 EST 2007

> The 6548 line is limited by the port ASICs as well as the 8:1 over
> subscription to the fabric.
> When configuring a port-channel it warns the port channel is limited to
> 2gbits for the ASIC ports.
> However there is old discussion that the ASIC is limited to 1gbit.
> Are there differences between revisions of the 6548?
> Is the limit 1gbit or 2gbit?

Perhaps it is referring to 1gbit each direction, so 2gbit total?  I only
have 6148 cards, which say 1gbit in the warning...

Search that for 6548 to find details.  It seems to clearly be saying the
limit is 1gig there.  As far as I can tell, it is also saying that the 6548
no longer has this port-channel issue in CatOS 8.2(1) and higher.  The issue
is also not present if you have a fabric module.