[c-nsp] DCEF and CPP

Networkers cisco at peakpeak.com
Wed Nov 14 08:18:43 EST 2007

Hi I am trying to turn on control-plane policing on a 7500 with RSP4 and
VIP2/50's running 12.2(25)S12, and I have/get this:

ip cef distributed
!
class-map match-all TrustedControlAddresses
  match access-group 153
!
policy-map AllowTrustedControlAddresses
  class TrustedControlAddresses
   police cir 32000 bc 1500 be 1500
     conform-action drop
     exceed-action drop

router(config)#control-plane
router(config-cp)#service input AllowTrustedControlAddresses
 service-policy is supported only on VIP interfaces with DCEF enabled
error: failed to install policy map AllowTrustedControlAddresses

I already have ip cef distributed in the config, and I did an ip route-cache
dist under the fast ethernet, ATM and DS3 interfaces installed in the
router.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Chris