[c-nsp] Rate limit on 3750

Matt Carter matt at iseek.com.au
Wed Nov 14 18:35:06 EST 2007

Configuration, tuning and performance of policing on Catalyst 6506 switches
TCP traffic
http://www.cnaf.infn.it/~ferrari/tfngn/cat6500/police/tcp/

is a good document to read and has some nice visual representations

ie
"Figure 1: relationship between normal burst size and end-to-end TCP
performance"
"Figure 2: minimum normal burst size needed to achieve a target CIR
throughput"
"Figure 3: throughput gain introduced with PIR"
"Figure 3b: comparison of TCP and UDP performance as a function of the PIR"
"Figure 4: relationship between maximum burst size and throughput"

--matt