[c-nsp] CALEA and monitoring hardware

nachocheeze at gmail.com nachocheeze at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:45:11 EST 2007

Kind of off topic,

We are looking into possibly needing to be compliant with federal LE
requests for information, and are anticipating the need to capture
data traffic at Gigabit and higher speeds.  We've previously used SPAN
ports on some of our switches for things like this, but I'm interested
in what other folks use (esp. at 1Gb and 10Gb speeds).

Some quick searches led to to network tap products like the following:

http://www.netoptics.com/products/product_family.asp?cid=1&Section=products&menuitem=1&filter=4

Has anyone used this particular company, or have any other recommendations?