[c-nsp] traffic flow in 6500 switch with FWSM and MPLS VPN

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Nov 16 05:56:18 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 12:28 +0530, Vikas Sharma wrote:
> The link shows me the option of configuring multiple SVIs but my
>  question is if i assigned these vlans to VRF created on 6509, will
>  fwsm understand this?

I don't know if it's depends on HW/Supervisor/IOS, but yes, you can put
your local SVI's in VRF's. We have a setup with a Cat6506E with Sup32
running IOS 12.2(18)SXF6 with VRF-enabled SVI's in firewall vlan-groups.

Technically I don't think the FWSM cares whether the interface is
VRF-enabled or not. I just sees some ethernet traffic on some VLANs. But
test it first. :-)

Regards,
Peter Rathlev