[c-nsp] what limits bw on a tcp stream?

Mike Louis MLouis at nwnit.com
Fri Nov 16 09:50:53 EST 2007

Latency limits TCP throughput. I am working with an application now that is maxing out at 4-5Mbps over a link with 80-120 ms latency cross continent. One way to improve throughput is to adjust buffers/window sizes on the sender/receiver machines and/or use a WAN acceleration product like Cisco WAAS.